Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making– Certificate
University of California, Irvine – Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
About this course
Critical thinking, the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and solutions, is the basis for problem solving and effective decision making. Critical thinking allows us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes. Gain confidence to accurately assess problems, evaluate alternative solutions, and predict potential risks. Learn to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to solve individual and organizational problems and develop critical thinking skills necessary in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and student situations, explore successful models and proven methods that can be easily transferred to work.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
1. Select and apply appropriate processes and methods for problem solving and decision making.
2. Identify common barriers to effective problem solving and decision making.
3. Recognize the human variable in problem-solving and decision making.
4. Evaluate the main conceptual blocks and significant situational problems.
5. Apply concepts to improve personal development and organizational performance.
6. Explain the key elements of problem-solving and decision making and the obstacles associated with them.
Apply appropriate problem-solving and decision-making processes
Identify common obstacles to effective problem-solving and decision-making
Use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address organizational problems
Evaluate solutions and anticipate likely risks
University of California, Irvine
Since 1965, the University of California at Irvine has combined the strengths of a major research university with the generosity of an unrivaled Southern California location. UCI’s unwavering commitment to rigorous academic excellence, cutting-edge research, leadership development, and personalities make the campus a driving force for innovation and discovery that serves our local, national, and global communities in many ways.