Project Management: The Basics for Success
Project Management: The Basics for Success – Certificate
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE – Project Management: The Basics for Success
Understand the stages of the project cycle
Monitor project activities and assess progress
Communicate proficiently to report project status
Develop and strengthen high performance teams
About this course
This course combines the basics of project management and team leadership in one course. Through commitment and reflection, you will gain a deeper understanding of leadership responsibilities and be better prepared to apply this knowledge in the project environment.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
1. Learn the role of high-performing teams and leadership in project management.
2. Learn the tools and techniques to develop and strengthen high-performance teams and team members.
3. Know the stages of the project cycle.
4. Apply best practices to develop skills and abilities in project planning and control to ensure successful results.
5. Learn to monitor project activities and measure progress.
6. Learn to communicate skillfully to communicate project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to the organization’s knowledge base.
University of California, Irvine
Since 1965, the University of California, Irvine has combined the strengths of a major research university with the bounty of an incomparable Southern California location. UCI’s unyielding commitment to rigorous academics, cutting-edge research, and leadership and character development makes the campus a driving force for innovation and discovery that serves our local, national and global communities in many ways.
Innovation, IT & Management
10+ years of initiating and delivering sustained results and effective change for companies across a wide range of industries including
innovation, enterprise software, digital marketing, start-ups, advertising technology, e-commerce and government.