Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
Finance for Non-Financial Professionals – Certificate
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE – Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
- Apply the concepts of accounting and finance
- Understand key accounting and finance terms
- Examine financial statements by using key ratios
- Explain the importance of budgeting process
About this course
Influence your financial decisions and learn how to influence the profitability of your department and your organization. In this course, you will gain a basic understanding of financial and accounting concepts to help your organization grow. By completing this course, you will gain general financial knowledge and a deep understanding of the impact of your decisions outside of your functional area. Course content includes certain aspects of finance from the point of view of a non-financial specialist. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting and budget; cash flow and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active participation of participants in financial activities.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of finances and the interpretation of financial information.
2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financial performance.
3. Know basic accounting and financial terms.
4. Examine the financial statements using key ratios.
5. Explain the importance of the budgeting process.
6. Know the key ingredients needed to improve profitability.
University of California, Irvine
Since 1965, the University of California, Irvine has combined the strengths of a major research university with the bounty of an incomparable Southern California location. UCI’s unyielding commitment to rigorous academics, cutting-edge research, and leadership and character development makes the campus a driving force for innovation and discovery that serves our local, national and global communities in many ways.