Budgeting and Scheduling Projects
Budgeting and Scheduling Projects – Certificate
University of California, Irvine – Budgeting and Scheduling Projects
About this course
A good project schedule helps all team members work together to achieve the project goals. A project budget with realistic cost constraints is also an important foundation for any project. In this course, you will learn to plan and meet financial and time constraints to ensure the success of your projects.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
1. Determine the resource requirements of the project.
2. Decompose work packages into actions
3. Determine what is needed to estimate the duration of the activity.
4. Determine the breakpoints and plot the breakpoints.
5. Determine the critical path and calculate the buoyancy.
6. Describe the purpose of using leads and delays in the project schedule.
7. Estimate the amount and cost of resources needed to carry out the project activities.
8. Choose one of three common cost estimation methods to determine the project budget.
9. Use a responsibility assignment matrix to assign responsibilities.
10. Recognize the components of the project’s quality management plan.
Define milestones and create a milestone schedule
Identify the resource needs of the project
Estimate the quantities and costs of resources needed for project activities
Use a responsibility assignment matrix to assign responsibilities
University of California, Irvine
Since 1965, the University of California at Irvine has combined the strengths of a major research university with the generosity of an unrivaled Southern California location. UCI’s unwavering commitment to rigorous academic excellence, cutting-edge research, leadership development, and personalities make the campus a driving force for innovation and discovery that serves our local, national, and global communities in many ways.
Innovation, IT & Management
10+ years of initiating and delivering sustained results and effective change for companies across a wide range of industries including
innovation, enterprise software, digital marketing, start-ups, advertising technology, e-commerce and government.